The ACDA Central and North Central Regions are now accepting applications for Performing Choirs for the 2020 Combined Central/North Central Regional Conference in Milwaukee, WI.
We seek to represent the primary ACDA Repertoire and Resource areas—Youth, Collegiate, Lifelong, and Repertoire-Specific (Men’s, Women’s, Jazz, Ethnic, Contemporary/Commercial)—with a diverse, broad representation of our 21st-century choral art, and we invite audition recordings from choirs of all age levels, specializations (e.g. Gospel, Barbershop), or renown, but particularly ensembles that represent underserved populations and/or diversities. Innovative and inspiring programming reflective of the choir’s strengths should be the cornerstone of the proposed program.
Selected choirs will perform in the elegant Uihlein Hall at the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts in Milwaukee: https://marcuscenter.org/venue-space/venues/uihlein-hall
Submissions of recordings and required materials can be made until May 24, 2019 at: https://audition.opusevent.com/?eventid=223
- Submissions must feature live, unedited recordings by the same conductor and the same ensemble.
- Submissions should include representative examples of the choir’s performances over the past three years: one selection from the 2018-19 academic year (September-August); one selection from the 2017-18 academic year; and one from the 2016-17 academic year, all led by the same conductor.
- All recordings will be uploaded in MP3 format.
- Recordings may not be enhanced or engineered in any way.
- Recordings should reflect repertoire similar in complexity and style to the program proposed for the conference performance, but they need not be pieces on your proposed program.
- No recorded accompaniment may be used in any audition recording or in performance at an ACDA conference.